BSFS and Balticon Accessibility Policy
BSFS and Balticon are committed to being an inclusive event and will seek to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you need specialized equipment or services by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact us as soon as possible, preferably at least 6 weeks before the convention. The earlier we are approached, the more likely we will be able to provide assistance.
We recognize not all disabilities are visible. We will not ask unnecessary questions about the nature of a disability.
Assistance and Accommodations
- To support people who lip-read, Balticon will provide clear masks to Program Participants.
- Balticon has scheduled ASL interpreters for selected program items. See the schedule here.
- Our Virtual and Broadcast events will use the native Zoom closed-captioning.
- Priority Seating: people with disabilities may enter an event first and use reserved Priority seating. This includes convenient wheelchair and scooter parking inside event rooms
- We have a limited number of wheelchairs and walkers available to borrow on a short-term basis
Scooters: We have arranged a 10% discount from Scootaround. Promo Code: BALTICON56 – 10% off of rental, not delivery or insurance (https://scootaround.com/en/balticon-56)
We offer a low-light Quiet Room for people who need a sensory-friendly space
Volunteer guides are available for people with visual impairments
Assistance with waiting in lines will be provided for people who have difficulty standing for long periods of time
If you have questions or need technical help during the convention, please use Discord to contact the infodesk or help-desk. Visit the Discord accessibility-lounge channel under B56 SOCIAL SPACES whenever you need to get away from the crowds, or just want to chat.
We will do our best to help make the convention and all events enjoyable for all attendees. Please come to the accessibility-lounge channel with any other needs that might make your time at Balticon more enjoyable.
* Emotional Support Animals are not recognized as Service Animals by the ADA, and are therefore not allowed by the Hotel.