In person, virtual, or hybrid we can’t do it without you. First con or 50th, one hour or dozens, we need your help. It is a great way to meet other fans and help make Balticon a fun time for all.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to volunteer or find out more about volunteering for Balticon.
Our volunteers would probably help without bribes, but we bribe
them you anyway. Minimum hours do apply.
- Cool nickname: Berzerker
- Free custom T-shirt
- Free membership for next year’s con
- Early, reserved seating for special events
- Berzerker Den with food
- Everyone welcome, we’ll accommodate all abilities
- No experience necessary – we’ll train you
- We’ll schedule around your needs and any events you want to attend
- We may need to assign you to jobs where we are short-handed. (We really don’t need 25 folks working the beer tasting party).
What do Volunteers Do?
- (Pre-Con) Help with publicity, social media, proofread/edit publications like BSFAN, write and run registration, handle logistics, and more
- Help us load in or out
- Staff our registration, information, special assistance, volunteer, sales, etc. desks.
- Design, install, and run our tech (lights, video, sound)
- Staff our con suite, green room, gaming room, video and anime rooms, and others.
- Help at the art show, masquerade, or charity auction.
- Ensure programming happens with planning or helping out in the program sessions.
- Run our operations and provide security (the hotel does the heavy lift on security).
- More than we can list: If we have an activity listed on the website menu we probably need help.
- Lots of Pre-Con planning, training, social media, etc.
- Help with programming
- Technical support for streaming and Discord. Expect training pre-con.