BSFS and Balticon Accessibility Policy
BSFS and Balticon are committed to being an inclusive event and will seek to provide accommodation for people with disabilities. Please let us know if you need specialized equipment or services by emailing email@example.com. Please contact us as soon as possible, preferably at least 6 weeks before the convention. The earlier we are approached, the more likely we will be able to provide assistance.
We recognize not all disabilities are visible. We will not ask unnecessary questions about the nature of a disability.
Assistance and Accommodations
- To support people who lip-read, Balticon will provide clear masks to Program Participants
- ASL is available for main events and selected panels. ASL Interpreters and Tactile Interpreters are available on request. Please contact Accessibility by April 15, 2023 to guarantee availability Requests made after that point will be honored if possible.
- Streamed program items will have automatically generated closed captions.
- Priority Seating: people with disabilities may enter an event first and use reserved Priority seating. This includes convenient wheelchair and scooter parking inside event rooms
- We have a limited number of wheelchairs and walkers available to borrow on a short-term basis
- We offer a low-light Quiet Room for people who need a sensory-friendly space
- Volunteer guides are available for people with visual impairments
- Assistance with waiting in lines will be provided for people who have difficulty standing for long periods of time
If you have questions or need technical help during the convention, please use Discord to contact the infodesk or help-desk.
Note: Emotional Support Animals are not recognized as Service Animals by the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), and are therefore not allowed by the hotel.